$5000 in prizes!
Deadline for entries is December 31, 2011
The intention of the Ruidoso Tourism Department Photo Contest is to present the beauty of the Ruidoso area through images of its people and places. This contest provides you, our residents and visitors alike, the opportunity to share your creativity with the world. Winning (selected) photos will be used in our advertising campaigns and on our new Ruidoso Tourism website, DiscoverRuidoso.com, now under development.
We are seeking “lifestyle” photos that depict Ruidoso in all of its seasons. We want photos of people engaged in all that makes Ruidoso a popular visitor destination. Whether it is skiing, snowboarding, tubing, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, camping, golfing, children’s activities, disc golfing, fishing, dining, shopping, or just good ol’ deck sitting…show us what YOU enjoy doing in our mountain paradise.
Who Can Enter
Anyone can enter the Ruidoso Tourism Photo Contest. By submitting images to the contest, photographers grant the Village of Ruidoso the right to publish the winning images in its advertising,
Who Can Enter
Anyone can enter the Ruidoso Tourism Photo Contest. By submitting images to the contest, photographers grant the Village of Ruidoso the right to publish the images in its advertising, websites, e-mail newsletters and any promotional material (i.e. press releases) without payment. Photographer credit will be requested.
1. Outdoor Recreation: Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, horseback riding, mountain & road biking, hiking, camping, fishing etc.
2. Dining, shopping, etc.
3. Historical imagery: ruins, monuments, cities, villages and other structures or locations that suggest a feeling of the historical significance of the Ruidoso area.
4. Events: images that showcase the wide variety of special events in our area.
5. Family Fun: families at play
6. Relaxation: deck sitting, relaxing in a hot tub, in front of the fire, etc.
Fifty photos will be selected. $100 per each photo selected will be awarded to the submitting photographers.
How To Submit: (Please read carefully)
• Simply email your six images to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected as one of the prize winners (in January), we will need the following information before award the prize. (We can get the information outlined below later.)
• Each photographer may submit up to six images total. All entries should be included in one mailing. Contestant must acknowledge that the images are original, taken in the Ruidoso area, and are owned by the person submitting the image.
All images must be submitted on a a high resolution digital file CD or DVD. We require 300 dpi tif or jpg files, 10” on the longest side, file size at least 3MB. Label the disk with your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Paper sleeves preferred.
• In order to caption your image in the event of publication, explain in 100 words or less the story behind each photo and why you think it captures the spirit of Ruidoso. Photos will not be judged on these comments.
• Model Release: Photographs that include recognizable people must include a signed Model Release form taped to the print before it will be accepted into the contest. A Model Release form is included with this document.
• Please package as simply as possible.
• Entries not complying with the rules set forth above will be disqualified.
Send To: Gina Kelley, Director of Tourism, Village of Ruidoso, 313 Cree Meadows Drive, Ruidoso, NM 88345
We will notify you of receipt of your entry.